Thursday, 24 July 2014

Tiki Touring Round the Island

Picked up a nifty little hire car and a map today - thank god Langkawi is easy to drive around, even a geographically challenged gal like me can cope!

First stop, The Oriental Village, a cute village of shops, restaurants, spas and locals. 

I had myself another fish foot spa, and then look what I found :) I love snakes! (Had to laugh at all the people who kept running past shrieking haha)

Just after these photos were taken, I had a horrible experience with the man who owned the snake. Very scared, I fled outta there quick smart :(

On the drive, I found myself some cool beaches and fishing villages.   



After my experience with the snake man, I'm not so happy to go up and chat to the locals now, which is a huge shame as I'm a talker and generally the locals are lovely. 

So I took myself off to a hands on bird and wildlife park - nothing like the company of animals to make me feel great again! 
Fell in love with this macaw!
He jumped on board and we chatted for ages!
Feeding the flamingoes......
And the emu ......
And this gorgeous crested crane .....
The budgies .......
And these little mouse deer (about the size of a cat)

But this beautiful man stole my heart....
He's a raccoon and I wasn't allowed in with him cos he gets stroppy around females. But his beautiful little paws reached thru a big hole in his enclosure and we just held hands and gazed at each other <3 awww 
He's a clever little dude too, carefully taking several peanuts in his hands from me and then politely passing me back the ones he didnt want!

One more cuddle before I left:
Then it's time for a blast around the ocean on one of these bad boys!
Over and out :)














No comments:

Post a Comment