Here's a debrief for myself to look back on, and also anyone planning a trip here:
BEST BITS:
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort and Spa - the resort I've stayed at. Absolutely perfect, just beautiful. They treat you like a queen here, and the rooms and grounds are stunning
- Breakfasts - what a spread! All the pastries, fresh juices, fruits, hot food you could imagine
- The beach - Pantai Cenang beach is perfect. An amazing balance of beauty, serenity and activity
- Restaurants with tables on the sand - such ambience!
- The wildlife - I have bats hanging in the rafters of my chalet. I can't see them, but occasionally I'll hear a little bat squeak, and then in the evening they are out in force - so beautiful
- bats
- monitor lizards - around resort, on a few isolated beaches and roadside
- monkeys - roadside, on some isolated beaches and in the little villages
- eagles - just soaring in the sky, massive!
- otters - one was playing in the pool when I got up super early one morning!
- butterflies - so many colours
- The road signs saying things like 'Buffalo Crossing,' or 'Lizards cross here, drive slowly and be prepared to stop.' Awesome that these things are valued :)
- Prawns the size of your hand! When I asked for prawns, he asked how many. I said, maybe 6. He smiled and shook his head. "No ma'am you have 3". Bit bossy I thought, and then they came out .....
Just 3 prawns and I was full as! They were massive, and yum as!
- Malaysian locals - most are so kind and polite, and they try so hard with their English
- Cocktails and mango juice - just yum!
NEXT STOP - KUALA LUMPUR :)
No comments:
Post a Comment