This is the funky little jetty we leave from before heading off into the mangroves and then the open ocean where we can see the mainland of Thailand
Cool little fishing villages along the way
First stop is a fish farm which is basically a floating jetty where the people-friendly fish can come and go, but they like the company - and the food!
Then I get to feed this beautiful specimen of a man! 100+ kg of mangrove stingray!
So stunning, OMG STOKED!
Just casually holding a leopard shark! Ya know, normal day!
Then we're off amongst the islands when I spot some monkeys lounging in the sun .....
So of course I ask the driver to pull in for a nosey.
And I may have shown the monkeys that i had food.
So they may have jumped in for a swim over to the boat ......
Monkeys swim?????
Then they may have kinda sorta perhaps maybe jumped INTO the boat......
And politely took the fruit I offered them
Before looking expectantly at the driver until he backed up the boat so they could jump back onto the rocks again haha! Smart monkeys :)
Full steam ahead when all of a sudden.....
A big flock of brown eagles came circling around a school of fish in the water by our boat!
The eagle is to Langkawi what the kiwi is to NZ (Lang = eagle, kawi = brown) but they are seen much more often here
So majestic, so regal, so freekin huge!
Then it's off to lunch on a floating restaurant (!) before heading to the Langkawi cable car (like Rotorua's gondola)
Un. Believably. Scarily. Steep. It almost seemed vertical at times, but way cool (thought the lady beside me was gonna pass out!). Magical view
What does every girl need after all this excitement? Fishy critters to munch on her feet of course!
The weirdest feeling, but extremely cool!
Now that my feet are feeling fabulously soft, it's time to head to the beach with a cocktail :) Happy days!




















So jealous!!!
ReplyDeleteJust beautiful xXx
Oh my word ...what a fantabulous day Nikki....and all looking like it's just the natural habitats and happenings of the beautiful wildlife...what a special wee part of our world you are enjoying :-0
ReplyDeleteHa ha I get the 'fish foot spa' thing now :-)
ReplyDeleteLOVE your photos Nikki, and the way you take us on the tour with you! Monkeys swimming had us giggling, if anyone could talk a bunch of Monkeys into swimming accross to visit, you could! You are looking amazing, I hope you are feeling as great as you look! XOX
ReplyDelete