Saturday, 26 July 2014

Leaving Kuala Lumpur -Debrief

KL is an interesting city, it's not the concrete jungle I thought it would be. There are massive beautiful parks all over.  It's not a city that should be done alone, for personal safety as well as the exciting parts being night based, and should be shared.  Man is it loud, constantly loud!

HIGHLIGHTS:

-  Shopping malls!  The massive ones are all in a row going from budgetish to phwoaaar!  My fav, the Pavillion and Starhill

-  Night time - KL comes alive at night. The streets are bustling with people, food hawkers spill out onto the roads, live music is everywhere, the hookers are interesting (I do you for half price ma'am), malls open till all hours and there are gorgeous streams of lights and lanterns  all over. Way cool

-  The food hawker street, Jalan Alor.  A foodies paradise with lots of local food (sadly I also saw stingray, shark fin soup and cuttlefish) and the atmosphere is awesome!

-  Walking. I'm staying in Bukit Bintang which is shopping and tourist central.  I can walk an hour in any direction and be in the greatest places. There's a great covered air conditioned walkway above the road called Bukit Bintang Walkway and in 20 mins you can be at the Petronas Towers (not me tho, I had to taxi there as I hurt my ankle)

-  Chinatown.  There are handbag, watch, soccer shirt and tech stalls for Africa!  Here I met Versace's brother (!) who told me his bags were different as they were ORIGINAL ...... For the equivalent of $25 I think not!

Great for a visit, but not in a hurry to come back.  I think I've ticked off all my goodies :)

1 comment:

  1. Some highs and some lows! Thanks for all the photos, and the amazing tour. Can't wait to follow you through Vietnam, We've been guessing what part you will be in, and where you will live - time to find out! You really should have married Versace's brother... Or maybe just make him part of your story!

    ReplyDelete